We could all do with a food thermometer, especially when we’re running that all-important barbecue. Ensuring food is cooked properly prevents giving your guests a nasty surprise once they get home and is particularly important when it comes to meat.
While you might think you are a budding Jamie Oliver, it’s important to note that professional chefs generally have a food thermometer in the kitchen. If you do a lot of cooking and like to invite guests around to eat, whether indoors or outside with a barbecue, this is one piece of kit you should want to invest in.
Why Temperature is Important
Of course, a badly cooked piece of meat can turn people off. It can also make them ill, especially with cuts like chicken, turkey and pork. Bacteria that were okay at room temperature may well start to multiply once they get to a slightly higher one. We can’t see inside the meat to make sure it is cooked so a food thermometer is the best solution.
- Instant Reading: Instant reading meat thermometer with 4-7 second digital readout. With an easy to read electronic LCD display, giving you accurate temperature results in seconds.
- Auto On/Off: Internal collapsible folding tapered probe with auto on and off; Perfect for meat, liquid, food, candy tempering in kitchen and outdoor cooking
- ºF/ºc BUTTON: The wide temperature range of -50ºC to 300ºC(-58ºF to 572ºF) makes these utensils the best for use when grilling on your gas bbq or turkey fryer, making candy, using hot oil to deep fry, brewing beer and wine and even making cheese and bread.
- Hold Button: Before withdrawing probe, push "HOLD". It will hold the temperature reading until pressed again.
- High Accuracy: The high precision temperature sensor, accurate to ±1ºF (between -4ºF to 392ºF), ensures you can grill meat to your perfect doneness knowing it won't be under cooked or burnt. You won't get this level of accuracy with infrared laser gun thermometers.
- SO EASY TO USE - WORKS RIGHT OUT THE BOX! The second you press the power button it starts reading the temperature. Flip out the probe, insert the tip into your food, and in 4-7 seconds you will have an accurate and easy to read temperature displayed on the large back lit dial. No more sweating over a hot grill waiting for the temperature to settle. When you're done simply flip the probe back hit the off button.
- NO MORE SPOILT MEALS - COOK WITH CONFIDENCE. Never again worry about ruining a meal by over or under cooking. With our digital meat thermometer at your disposal you can confidently cook any food to perfection. Get inspired to cook and BBQ more often, be creative in the kitchen and eat healthier! We even include a detailed laminated meat temperature guide for quick reference.
- BEAUTIFULLY PACKAGED FOR GIFTING OR STORAGE. We will deliver your thermometer to you in an elegant, foam lined box, making it the ideal gift for any barbecue or cooking enthusiast. It also doubles up as great place to store your thermometer, fitting nicely into your drawer and keeping it well protected. Cooking on the go? This kitchen accessory can be easily slipped into your pocket.
- NO MORE STRUGGLING TO READ THE DIAL IN LOW LIGHT. Whether you're cooking in the kitchen, grilling on your Weber or Char Broil, or sitting round the campfire, turn on the bright blue backlight and read the display with ease. Beef, chicken, pork, turkey, fish, you name it. We've got you covered. Gas, charcoal, electric, infrared. All barbeques will bow to your command! It even works great for deep frying with oil and making bread and cheese.
- LIFETIME MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. We remove all risk. You have absolutely no need to worry about getting a dud product as we promise to return your money if you are not happy with your purchase. Check the reviews for proof. You won't get this kind of service with the big brands like Thermoworks thermapen, Maverick, CDN or Polder.
- Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit (range: -50°C ~ 550°C/ -58°F ~ 1022°F)
- Built-in laser for precisely aiming; one 9-volt battery (Included)
- Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1; Emissivity: 0.95(fixed); Response Time: <500ms
- Auto Shut-off & Data Hold Function & Low Battery Indication & Backlight Display Selection
- Various Usages: Cooking & Baking, HVAC Checking, Automotive Diagnostics, Electrical Troubleshooting and more! FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS approved; 2-Year Warranty by Etekcity
- 2 Years Sensor Probe Warranty - Although the sensor probe is rigidly produced, after a long-time period of use, a few amount units could experience incorrect temperature readings problem caused by careless or improper use of sensor probe. We will provide you a brand-new sensor probe, free of charge!
- 300 ft range wireless receiver with LCD beeps and flashes when meat temperature goes above your programmed temperature
- Monitor barbecue, smoker, oven, meat temperature; receiver beeps and flashes if temperature falls above or below your programmed range
- Temperature range of probe: 32˚F to 572˚F (0˚C to 300˚C), ±1.5°F/0.8°C accuracy,Probe wire is heat resistant to 716°F(380°C).
- LCD of receiver display has red back light for use at night or dim light conditions. Digital kitchen timer with count up and count down ability
What are Food Thermometers
There are several types on the market which allow you to either fit in the oven and monitor the temperature or can be stuck in the food afterwards and register how hot the insides are. For most cooks, especially when carrying out a barbecue, you’ll want a food thermometer that you can stick into the meat a bit like a skewer. There are two things that you need to consider here:
• The quality of the thermometer you are choosing. It needs to be calibrated properly and give a true reflection of the temperature. For that reason, it’s better to invest in a quality thermometer rather than a cheap one.
• The other thing you need to think about is where you stick the point of the thermometer. This is highly important because putting it in the wrong place can give a false reading. In most cases, you need to insert into the thickest part of the food, about midway.
Types of Food Thermometer
There are plenty of choices out there for use in the kitchen, including digital varieties, most of which are portable and easy to use.
• Oven Ready Thermometers: These can be stuck into your joint or roast and put in the oven and will monitor the temperature for you.
• Stem Thermometers: These normally have a spike attached to them and need to be stuck into the food when you get it out of the oven. You then wait about 10 seconds before you get a reliable reading.
• Thermometer Forks: These are quite good for events like barbecues and again give a reading after 10-20 seconds.
• Temperature Sensitive: These are disposable products that change colour once your food reaches the right temperature. They are not totally accurate and just give an indication that your food is cooked.
It’s always a clever idea to invest in a quality food thermometer, even if you fancy yourself as an experienced cook. For large joints of meat, barbecues or that Christmas turkey, they are invaluable and will make sure that you don’t give your guests a nasty surprise later in the day.