We could all do with a food thermometer, especially when we’re running that all-important barbecue. Ensuring food is cooked properly prevents giving your guests a nasty surprise once they get home and is particularly important when it comes to meat.
While you might think you are a budding Jamie Oliver, it’s important to note that professional chefs generally have a food thermometer in the kitchen. If you do a lot of cooking and like to invite guests around to eat, whether indoors or outside with a barbecue, this is one piece of kit you should want to invest in.
Why Temperature is Important
Of course, a badly cooked piece of meat can turn people off. It can also make them ill, especially with cuts like chicken, turkey and pork. Bacteria that were okay at room temperature may well start to multiply once they get to a slightly higher one. We can’t see inside the meat to make sure it is cooked so a food thermometer is the best solution.
- INSTANT READING: Instant reading meat thermometer with 4-7 seconds digital readout. With a clear LCD display, giving you accurate temperature results in seconds.
- AUTO ON/OFF: Internal collapsible tapered probe with auto on and off; Perfect for meat, liquid, candy tempering in kitchen and outdoor cooking.
- HIGH ACCURACY: The high precision temperature sensor, accurate to ±1℉ (between -4℉ to 392℉), ensures food won't be under cooked or burnt.
- EASY TO USE & STORE : With foldaway probe, the food thermometer will auto on/off when fold in/out the thermometer and it will be more easy for storage.
- ★1 YEAR WARRANTY★: We provides 12 months warranty for quality-related issues; ♥45-day money back♥ to target 100% customer satisfaction. Please feel free to reach us if you have any problem.
- Measures in Celsius or Fahrenheit (range: -50°C ~ 550°C/ -58°F ~ 1022°F)
- Built-in laser for precisely aiming; one 9-volt battery (Included)
- Distance Spot Ratio: 12:1; Emissivity: 0.95(fixed); Response Time: <500ms
- Auto Shut-off & Data Hold Function & Low Battery Indication & Backlight Display Selection
- Various Usages: Cooking & Baking, HVAC Checking, Automotive Diagnostics, Electrical Troubleshooting and more! FDA, FCC, CE, ROHS approved; 2-Year Warranty by Etekcity
- 【Hassle-free Setup】The wireless instead read thermometer equipped with a pre-synchronized transmitter and receiver which helps to get rid of the hassle of synchronization or pairing before using it. Thanks to its wide transmission range, you can monitor your cooking from 300 feet away
- 【Dual Accurate & Fast Response Probes】The leave-in thermometer comes with its 8.5” food grade stainless-steel food probe and 3” BBQ or oven probe, helping monitor the food and ambient temperature during grilling, barbecuing or smoking simultaneously. Its long probe allows you to reach the center of any type of meat to ensure the most accurate readings
- 【Alarm Function & Timer Capabilities】The wireless meat thermometer can be set your desired food temp & HI/LOW temp range and helps to know if your grill / smoker needs attention for temperature control or when your food is ready to come off the cooker. Its timer allows you to step away from cooking without any worries of overcooking, there's no guessing as to when meat is getting done
- 【Clear Backlit LCD Display】The receiver of digital meat preparation thermometer LCD display has red backlight for use at night or dim light conditions, the degrees appear on the screen often immediately and effectively. Besides, a range between 0 to 300 ℃ is enough to accommodate an ideal level of doneness, depending on your preferences. You can have your complete confidence restored in cooking and barbecuing
- 【Reliable & Durable 】2+2 YEARS WARRANTY! REGISTER your remote grilling thermometer after purchase and INCREASE YOUR WARRANTY COVERAGE FROM 2 YEARS TO 4 YEARS.
What are Food Thermometers
There are several types on the market which allow you to either fit in the oven and monitor the temperature or can be stuck in the food afterwards and register how hot the insides are. For most cooks, especially when carrying out a barbecue, you’ll want a food thermometer that you can stick into the meat a bit like a skewer. There are two things that you need to consider here:
• The quality of the thermometer you are choosing. It needs to be calibrated properly and give a true reflection of the temperature. For that reason, it’s better to invest in a quality thermometer rather than a cheap one.
• The other thing you need to think about is where you stick the point of the thermometer. This is highly important because putting it in the wrong place can give a false reading. In most cases, you need to insert into the thickest part of the food, about midway.
Types of Food Thermometer
There are plenty of choices out there for use in the kitchen, including digital varieties, most of which are portable and easy to use.
• Oven Ready Thermometers: These can be stuck into your joint or roast and put in the oven and will monitor the temperature for you.
• Stem Thermometers: These normally have a spike attached to them and need to be stuck into the food when you get it out of the oven. You then wait about 10 seconds before you get a reliable reading.
• Thermometer Forks: These are quite good for events like barbecues and again give a reading after 10-20 seconds.
• Temperature Sensitive: These are disposable products that change colour once your food reaches the right temperature. They are not totally accurate and just give an indication that your food is cooked.
It’s always a clever idea to invest in a quality food thermometer, even if you fancy yourself as an experienced cook. For large joints of meat, barbecues or that Christmas turkey, they are invaluable and will make sure that you don’t give your guests a nasty surprise later in the day.