What to Consider When Choosing a Cover for Your Barbecue
If you don’t have the protection of a shed where you can put your barbecue once the winter months draw in, the next best option is to invest in a cover. The last problem you want after investing so much money in your equipment is to get to find your pride and joy has started to rust or is covered in debris because it’s exposed to the elements.
The good news is that there are a range of different covers are available to buy from your local store or online. All you need to decide is which is the best for your barbecue equipment.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Heavy-duty protective grill cover measures: 145 x 61 x 117 cm, fits most brand like Weber, Holland, Jenn Air, Brinkmann, Char Broil and Jenn Air
- 【Refuse Ripping】Rip resistant. TEPSMIGO bbq grill cover gives full protection for the bbq cover from cracking.
- 【UV Resistant】UV resistant design provides exceptional durability to sunlight
- 【Water Resistant】Waterproof layer make it more durable and not easy to fade, tear through rain, wind and intense sunshine.
- 【Grill Brush】100% Rust Proof, dishwasher safe, crafted with stainless steel and a high quality plastic handle
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT SIZE ABOVE * Protect your BBQ * Keep it clean, dry and hygienic * Measurements below
- * Two zips for easy fitting, with anti unzipping velcro straps to hold them closed in windy conditions * Great quality material - Oxford woven fabric with a high 210 denier
- * Elasticated hem to keep your cover snug and secure * Made from waterproof & breathable woven fabric - will reduce the chance of condensation build up
- Large Cover Height - 120cm (47 inches) Width - 145cm (57 inches) Depth - 70cm (27.5 inches)
- Extra Large Cover Height - 139cm (54.75 inches) Width - 200cm (78.75 inches) Depth - 83cm (32.5 inches)
- Type:Barbecue Cover
- Size: 170cm width * 61cm depth * 117cm height
- Easy to carry:Comes with a handy little store bag,convenient to bring anywhere.
- Adjustable Funtion:Adjustable tie through the built-in plastic grommet to ensure that the cover functions in windy conditions.
- Waterproof Design: Material come with 210 D Woven polyester with PU coating,Waterproof and corrosion proof, protect your BBQ burner from rain, frost, dust, sun, and keep it clean and dry.
Choosing the Right Material
• Polyester: It’s highly lightweight and easy to clean which is why this material is popular with many barbecue enthusiasts. When it rains you can expect the cover to dry quickly and it’s guaranteed to make your equipment 100% waterproof.
• Canvas: A more traditional barbecue cover, canvas is again a popular option primarily because of its durability. You’ll need to apply some treatment to make it waterproof if it doesn’t already come with this protection. Canvas is often a cheaper option than some other covers and works well in most climates.
• Vinyl: This is also waterproof and very easy to maintain. You need to choose the heavier option as it will last longer and will provide more protection. Lighter varieties can last for a time but lack the durability you might want in an outdoor cover.
With any barbecue cover you should always look for quality over price to be on the safe side. A gas barbecue can be an expensive investment and you’ll certainly want to protect it properly. While the cover is one thing, you might also want to buy a product that has some useful value-added extras. For instance, if you’re inclined to spend a little extra money you can get barbecue covers that have tailored designs from some online retailers.
Added Features: Do You Need Them?
You might think that you just want something simple and hardy to protect your barbecue but some of these extras can make a significant difference and are worth considering:
• Straps: Particularly if you live in an area that can get a little stormy, the last thing you want is your barbecue being thrown across the ground and getting damaged. Added straps mean you can tie your equipment to your building or some other sturdy structure to keep it extra safe.
• Pockets: Other covers have a range of pockets where you can store your utensils and other things such as spare regulator caps for your gas tanks. Great if you want to make sure you don’t lose your barbecue accessories.
• Vents: If you live in particularly humid conditions, allowing the air to get in and around your barbecue is important as it can prevent condensation building up, especially with vinyl and polyester covers, which can cause rusting.
Maintaining Your Cover
All modern barbecue covers are easy to maintain. Vinyl and polyester varieties generally just need a wipe down. Canvas covers can go in the washing machine if they get a little too dirty over the winter months.
Buying a cover will not only protect your equipment from the vagaries of the weather all year round, it will ensure your barbecue remains in good condition and lasts a lot longer than if it’s simply left to face the elements unguarded.