What to Consider When Choosing a Cover for Your Barbecue
If you don’t have the protection of a shed where you can put your barbecue once the winter months draw in, the next best option is to invest in a cover. The last problem you want after investing so much money in your equipment is to get to find your pride and joy has started to rust or is covered in debris because it’s exposed to the elements.
The good news is that there are a range of different covers are available to buy from your local store or online. All you need to decide is which is the best for your barbecue equipment.
- Features : Easy wipe waterproof finish, Heavy duty, Fully lined and stitched, Hook and loop fastener straps to secure the cover
- Material : 600D PVC Polyester
- Dimensions : H120 x W114 x D61.5 (cm)
- Weight : 1.3kg
- Assembly : PLEASE CHECK DIMENSIONS BEFORE PURCHASING
- GENUINE OUTBACK BBQ COVER to fit Outback Jupiter 2 Burner and Meteor 3 Burner BBQs
- PREMIUM HEAVY DUTY CANVAS LINING ensures longevity
- WATER RESISTANT AND BREATHABLE ensuring moisture doesn't get trapped under the cover cad evapourates
- EASY CLEAN with anti-stick PVC coating
- DOUBLE STITCHED for strength and endurance
- 600D Heavy Duty Material: Made from 600D PVC-lined Oxford polyester fabric. The higher the grade, the thicker and more durable the fabric. Even sunlight and rains are hard to get through the high-density material tiny gap. The bbq cover can protect your grill from dirty, wet, rust
- Fits Most Grills: Extra large size design (58"x 24‘’x 48"/147x 61x 122cm) to better fit most gas grill cover including 3-4 burner bbq grill, like brand Weber, Holland, Jenn Air, Brinkmann, and Char Broi. Plus the side handles, you can put on or take off the bbq cover effortlessly
- 2 Side Windproof Design & Weatherproof: Add extra hook and loop fastener straps(velcro) near the bottom at both ends. Holding the cover in place and stop it from blowing away in strong winds. The high adhesion of velcro only can be untied by men. Good enough to withstand the harsh weather with the bbq cover. Don't worry to have it outside in a typical wet and stormy Scottish day
- Rip & Fade Resistant: The large bbq grill cover has exterior bound seams and precision two-thread stitching. Bring your grill full protection from ripped. Inner sunproof coating design provides exceptional durability to sunlight. With improved color fastness dyeing technique, Omorc bbq cover always companied your expensive grill from winter to next spring
- 100% Waterproof & Easy Clean: With the thicker and high-density 600D hydrophobic Oxford fabric and inner PVC coating, don't allow any rains to stick to the surface of the bbq cover. Protects your BBQ Grill from torrential rain, snow, frost, and fog. Come with an extra carrying bag for easy storage when not in use
- Small outdoor cover fits most gas grills up to 111.7 by 55.8 cm (WxD); ideal for everyday use; particularly useful during the off-season
- Made of woven polyester fabric with water-resistant backing for protection against rain, snow, sun, and dust
- Air vents minimise chance of condensation and prevent cover from billowing in the wind
- Elastic bungee cord keeps cover securely in place, even during breezy conditions or unexpected wind gusts
- Measures 116.8 by 61 by 116.8 cm; weighs 2 kg; sleek black colour;
- HEAVY DUTY AND EASY TO CLEAN: Due to the Oxford Cloth material make it durable and sturdy, you can use water clean it through the hose and dry in the sun, not easy to blowed away and damaged, is perfect for most barbecue on the market.
- ADJUSTABLE ELSTIC HEM ROPE: Considerate design adjustable elstic hem rope on the cover bottom that can adjust the cover tightness avoid the cover blow away. Don't worried on the strong wind day.
- FOLDABLE AND EASY CARRY : The cover can easily to fold into a bag that it is convenient for you to carry everywhere, the Oxford Cloth material is more durable than the ployester, stronger construction.
- WATERPROOF AND DUST-PROOF AND ANTI-UV : Made of oxford cloth material,it has the function of Waterproof when rainning and dust-proof and Anti-UV on sunny day. No matter what kinds of weather, it can prevent the sun wind and rain ,keep the clean clean.
- COVER SIZE : 145 x 61 x117cm; 57 x 24 x 46 inch . Package: 1 x BBQ Cover include a cloth bag. PLEASE MEASURE YOUR BABECUE GRILL BEFORE PURCHASING.
Choosing the Right Material
• Polyester: It’s highly lightweight and easy to clean which is why this material is popular with many barbecue enthusiasts. When it rains you can expect the cover to dry quickly and it’s guaranteed to make your equipment 100% waterproof.
• Canvas: A more traditional barbecue cover, canvas is again a popular option primarily because of its durability. You’ll need to apply some treatment to make it waterproof if it doesn’t already come with this protection. Canvas is often a cheaper option than some other covers and works well in most climates.
• Vinyl: This is also waterproof and very easy to maintain. You need to choose the heavier option as it will last longer and will provide more protection. Lighter varieties can last for a time but lack the durability you might want in an outdoor cover.
With any barbecue cover you should always look for quality over price to be on the safe side. A gas barbecue can be an expensive investment and you’ll certainly want to protect it properly. While the cover is one thing, you might also want to buy a product that has some useful value-added extras. For instance, if you’re inclined to spend a little extra money you can get barbecue covers that have tailored designs from some online retailers.
Added Features: Do You Need Them?
You might think that you just want something simple and hardy to protect your barbecue but some of these extras can make a significant difference and are worth considering:
• Straps: Particularly if you live in an area that can get a little stormy, the last thing you want is your barbecue being thrown across the ground and getting damaged. Added straps mean you can tie your equipment to your building or some other sturdy structure to keep it extra safe.
• Pockets: Other covers have a range of pockets where you can store your utensils and other things such as spare regulator caps for your gas tanks. Great if you want to make sure you don’t lose your barbecue accessories.
• Vents: If you live in particularly humid conditions, allowing the air to get in and around your barbecue is important as it can prevent condensation building up, especially with vinyl and polyester covers, which can cause rusting.
Maintaining Your Cover
All modern barbecue covers are easy to maintain. Vinyl and polyester varieties generally just need a wipe down. Canvas covers can go in the washing machine if they get a little too dirty over the winter months.
Buying a cover will not only protect your equipment from the vagaries of the weather all year round, it will ensure your barbecue remains in good condition and lasts a lot longer than if it’s simply left to face the elements unguarded.